Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Garden Shed

It was just a weathered garden shed,
In the shadow of a tree,
With faded boards and sagging door,
But a wonderment to me.
Inside upon the wooden floor,
Were garden tools and things,
The smell of leaves when they are dry,
Such memories they do bring.
days when I was but a child,
We'd visit Uncle George,
And he would give me Blackjack Gum,
A friendship we would forge.
And just outside his garden shed,
Was a fish pond with a bridge,
I'd love to relive all those days,
Oh, the things I wouldn't give!
That time has passed, I'm older now,
But this one thing I know,
I'll cherish all those childhood days,
As my dark hair turns to snow.

by David Ronald Bruce Pekrul 






 

 

1 comment:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your description of a garden..I loved it! You do have a beautiful garden and I love that rabbit, it's adorable and looks perfect around the plants. Enjoy Summer in the lovely garden. Thank you for the kind and sweet comments you left me. Big hugs,
FABBY